The PrEP Navigator will focus on increasing PrEP awareness and availability for the community most likely to benefit, such as gay and bisexual men of color, transgender people of color, and people who use substances. The PrEP Navigator also works with the community to engage community members for PrEP Services, especially with Gay and Bi-sexual men and people who use substances. The PrEP Navigator will accomplish this goal by using a variety of outreach strategies such as motivational interviewing, and being involved in community level prevention activities including condom distribution, non-syringe harm reduction supply support, syringe service programs and social marketing campaigns.
The LCS is responsible for working with the community, Matthew 25 medical and prevention staff to ensure that newly diagnosed and current HIV+ individuals who are not in care are connected to specialized HIV healthcare. The LCS will accomplish this goal by using a variety of outreach strategies (ARTAS, Motivational Interviewing, Case Management) targeting patients who are at-risk for HIV and those who are HIV+, not in care and engaging them into HIV specialty care medical services by providing intensive patient navigation and support. The LCS will also be responsible for set up and follow up of all patients testing positive and new HIV referrals to HIV specialty care within Matthew 25. The LCS will engage patients that have fallen out of care and encourage them to return to care.
- Minimum of 2 year Associate’s degree preferred with 3 or more years’ related experience desirable.
- Must be able to show proof of Diploma or GED.
- May be an RN or a candidate with relevant work experience; advanced education in public health, home health or outpatient ambulatory care setting or another relevant field will be considered with preference.
- Required certification as an HIV Prevention Counselor.
- Skilled in HIV counseling and testing and skilled in outreaching high risk populations.
- Must have highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with administrative, clinical and support staff to accomplish the goals of the program.
- Must have appropriate skills, relevant experience, cultural and linguistic competency, and relevant licensure to provide services and/or care to people living with HIV.
- HIV/AIDS/STI knowledge including prevention, infection, and treatment is a plus.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to engage and work effectively with diverse staff and client population is required.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Must have good working knowledge of diverse populations’ health issues with specific understanding of the impact of HIV/AIDS and the health-related disparities faced by diverse populations.
- Must have effective oral, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Do you want a fulfilling career that provides you the opportunity to work for an organization that values teamwork and unites every day to serve the mission? Matthew 25 takes pride in offering competitive pay, and quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plans. As an organization, we promote wellness and give our employees the opportunity to have medical insurance deductions completely eliminated by practicing healthy habits. We also promote work-life balance by offering a very generous Paid Time Off package. We also support and encourage, and give opportunities for continuing education and professional development. Matthew 25 also offers a generous retirement plan that matches up to 3% of contributions.